Business Process Re-Engineering
Ever since the term Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) was first mentioned in an article by Michael Hammer in the Harvard Business Review, enterprises are embracing the concept of Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) to ensure their operations are both effective and efficient. The issue that inspired Michael Hammer to write this article was that he could see too many organizations investing heavily in adopting new technologies to automate their existing processes which were inherently ineffective and inefficient, to begin with.
Business models are used to define either the current state of a process, where the outcome is called the “as is” model, or to design a concept of how a process should work, thereby producing a “to be” model. By evaluating the difference between the current and future business state, business process analysts can determine if the existing business processes and its associated systems, policies, and procedures are coherent, or if a complete revamp is called for. This ‘Gap Analysis’ should include a comprehensive study about how your business goals can be achieved by overcoming any existing flaws in your processes. Subsequently, business process analysis, re-engineering, and modeling can be used to redefine the way an organization carries out its core and supporting functions.
What are the benefits of Business Process Re-engineering (BPR)?
- Process improvements like the removal of bottlenecks, introduction of parallel processing, and elimination of redundant steps can be achieved with BPR.
- Processes can easily be customized to suit the requirements of your organization.
- BPR provides the flexibility of making changes to processes with minimal costs.
- BPR ensures that organizations are capable of implementing regulatory requirements quickly, thereby avoiding delays in compliance and any associated fines.
- Because BPR allows organizations to work more efficiently, you will be able to save your resources and utilize them in other areas.
- BPR also results in the creation of better designed, monitored, and implemented processes that will help reduce the risk of fraud within your company.
- If designed well, there will be a lot less red tape within your organization for rudimentary tasks and processes, thereby increasing satisfaction among your employees and customers alike.
- BPR will facilitate an increased capacity to respond more quickly to proposals, build solutions faster, and customize them more rapidly to keep up with volatile markets.
- Identical problems can be addressed using best practices and there is no need to reinvent the wheel.
- BPR allows long-term retention of knowledge within your organization regardless of the longevity of your employees’ tenures.
At Affility, we have a successful track record in helping our clients achieve both qualitative and quantifiable benefits through BPR. Our business process experts are skilled to cover the entire spectrum of your organizational functions including Finance, Operations, Human Resources, and IT for effective end-to-end solutions.
Our expert BPR Consultants will help you to:
- Uncover tasks that can be automated with process automation
- Highlight any gaps in your current processes
- Identify where the easiest improvements to make would be
- Prioritize the changes according to your budgets and goals
- See redundant processes that can be eliminated
- Document your workflows and processes accurately
- Paint an accurate picture of your current operations
- Transform your business processes to become more efficient, consistent, and sustainable
If you are looking to increase your business profitability or maintain a competitive advantage in today’s ever-changing and challenging marketplace, our Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) offerings could be your ideal solution.
When working with BPR Consultants, it is important that the company you choose is reliable, knowledgeable, flexible, easy to communicate with, and understands the importance of your budgetary constraints. At Affility, our clients’ needs always come first. We have worked with organizations ranging from start-ups with limited resources to large scale corporations with excessive resources but little efficiency. The ultimate goal of our BPR consulting engagements is always aligned with your organizational goals, regardless of the size of the company.
In today’s world, the combination of Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) with cutting-edge technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, etc. provides organizations with advanced reporting and analytical tools that aid executive decisions. The consultants at Affility are fully equipped to incorporate such discoveries within your corporate processes if deemed suitable and feasible towards your needs. In addition, our wealth of knowledge of best practices across multiple industries allows us to work towards your goals in a lesser amount of time than it would normally take if the same amount of research was to be done from scratch.
Our BPR consulting and development services will allow you to streamline your processes and quantify how these processes are helping your organization optimize its bottom line.